Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial is an Indonesian organization affiliated with Hivos, born out of an active collaboration between Netherlands based Hivos and several like-minded Indonesian academics and civil society leaders who subscribe to the values and mission of Hivos. The purpose is to promote humanistic values in the social, economic, health, and cultural fields which is defined in terms of the ability for each individual to assess and decide independently and responsibly, the right to freedom, dignity and a passion to create a just and tolerant society.
Yayasan Humanis seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
Title : Project Assistant – Urban Futures
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Report to : Regional Coordinator for Urban Futures – Indonesia
Duration : 1 year
Urban Futures program aims to contribute to more inclusive, climate-resilient cities and urban food systems, where young people collaborate to voice their priorities, influence decisions, and seize opportunities in the food sector, with shorter value chains providing healthy, sustainable food that is accessible, affordable and attractive.
Program implementation will be led by local partners in each city and take a climate justice approach. To realize this, we aim to achieve the following outcomes:
- Inclusive youth-friendly urban food policies and strategies are developed and implemented, with decision makers held to account.
- Youth-led narratives on inclusive climate-resilient food systems inspire behavior change.
- Increased public and private financial flows to inclusive, climate-resilient food systems.
Project Assistant is aimed to support project team members in administration, procurement and overall project management activities, particularly responsible to ensure compliance of all event management and administrative reporting.
S/he assists Regional Coordinator for grant and partner’s management and supports the implementation of day-to-day activities of Urban Futures. Within the project, s/he may work in close partnership with support functions within Yayasan Hivos such as HR/Operations, Finance etc.
Roles and responsibilities
For administrative support:
- Provide administrative support to programme activities;
- Organize, coordinate and develop minutes of meetings;
- Document the highlights and agreements of key activities with regional/global team, partners and stakeholders;
- Ensure completion of contract documents to be sent to partner organizations and/or Consultants; including but not limited to making checklist and keep track of signed contracts, reporting and payment schedules;
- Coordinate with Consultants and/or partner organizations on administrative procedures implemented in accordance with Yayasan Hivos and donor’s policies;
- Arrange travel and accommodation for project staff, partners, and Consultants in relation to official duties and Urban Futures activities;
- Organize meetings, workshops, and events under the guidance of the Regional Coordinator;
- Ensuring and maintaining logistical and administrative data including all correspondings in Yayasan Hivos’ management system.
For logistical support:
- Contribute to procurement process for hotel suppliers, vendors, expendable supplies and services;
- Foresee needs, recommend solutions and conduct tendering procedures as appropriate;
- Prepare comparative tables and shortlists the recommended suppliers/vendors;
- Develop purchase and service orders upon the completion of getting necessary quotations and authorization-in accordance with Yayasan Hivos’ procurement guidelines;
- Follow-up the activities and tasks undertaken by contractors as indicated in the signed service/procurement contracts or Purchase Orders; Knowledge and Requirements.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Related experience of 2 (two) years minimum in handling administrative work, organizing meetings and/or events, including the related procurement mechanism such as venues, suppliers/vendors, and Consultants, etc.;
- Fresh graduates with strong internship background on project support are welcome to apply;
- Attention to detail, and have experiences in dealing with administration and procurement work such as managing project’s documents; bidding process, contracts, invoices, etc.;
- Good communication skills and ability to contribute to a team spirit;
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives, yet suits well for a teamwork;
- Knowledge of major software applications (Excel, Word, PPT) and project management systems;
- Proven experience in developing project documents such as activity(ies) reports and terms of references;
- Active, dynamic, have a willingness and eagerness to learn;
- Ability to adapt well in a fast-pace and dynamic work;
- Able to travel as required;
- Excellent command of verbal and written English.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Project Assistant graded in Grade: 5-6 (from 1-14 Yayasan’s salary grade).
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 26 March 2023.
Please specify the position name you are applying for PA Urban Futures in the ‘subject’ line of your email. .
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Yayasan Hivos, visit https://hsi.foundation/