Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial is an Indonesian organization affiliated with Hivos, born out of an active collaboration between Netherlands based Hivos and several like-minded Indonesian academics and civil society leaders who subscribe to the values and mission of Hivos. The purpose is to promote humanist values in the social, health, and cultural fields which is defined in terms of the ability for each individual to assess and decide independently and responsibly, the right to freedom, dignity and a passion to create a just and tolerant society.
Yayasan Humanis seeks qualified candidates for the position of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Consultant for Voices for Climate Action (VCA) program.
VCA Program in Indonesia aims to amplify the voices for just climate action especially in relation to the following thematic outcomes areas:
- Local civil society and marginal groups’ capacity and collective action are strengthened for inclusive policy dialogue and leadership for climate solutions.
- Powerful narrative and shared platform established to effectively amplify the voice of local and national level civil society for just transition.
- Locally-shaped climate solutions (including local food systems, decentralized renewable energy, new financial schemes, technology innovation and access, local knowledge and wisdom, governance of natural resources) are documented, formally recognized and adopted
The programme in Indonesia will focus on the national and local level especially starting from the targeted area with the urban and rural settings such as Jakarta, East Nusa Tenggara, and Papua. At this stage, the VCA Indonesia alliance team has developed a national Theory of Change as a guideline for the alliance organizations to work together, to achieve the common goal as defined by the agreed ToC (Annex). It will be used to show how and why the desired change is expected to happen.
To ensure the program is being designed by taking into account on local voices and actual contexts, validation of the ToC and programme indicator selection with partners and allies are a necessary first step. Continuous learnings and insights would need to be documented and integrated into the program design to make the programme approach and strategies more effective to achieve desired outcomes. To this end, Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial is seeking a Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) consultant to facilitate ToC validation, indicator selection, and development of PMEL system and framework. PMEL Consultant is one of the critical roles in the program, as she/he will be responsible to set up and define the structure, systems for the 5-year program. Designing and implementing simple, efficient, sustainable systems and processes that will enable the program to steer towards its goals would be key responsibilities of this role holder.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled and flexible consultant with PMEL expertise and excellent communication and facilitation skills. Someone who have previous experience of developing PMEL for scopes of work focused on advocacy and capacity building. S/he will be highly energized by working with partners from the community and global level, love a challenging, yet rewarding environment to work in.
Scope of work
The main duty and responsibilities of the PMEL Consultant:
- Coordinate and assist the consultant for baseline assessment of VCA Indonesia that will be used to strengthen the context analysis and act as a benchmark for the projects’ key indicators from which the progress of the project is measured;
- Facilitate the validation of the program’s Theory of Change in collaboration with VCA Indonesia alliance team and partners;
- Facilitate the indicator selection of the programme to measure the progress;
- Develop program design, monitoring and evaluation framework and system and its operationalization for the five-year program;
- Define specific processes, methodologies and tools for MEL and reporting in coordination with PMEL Coordinator at global office;
- Facilitate the capacity needs assessment of the partners to inform the programme agenda;
- Provide capacity building and technical assistance on monitoring and data gathering, including outcome harvesting training /coaching to CSO partners and program staff;
- Support the project team and partners in extracting lessons learnt and good practices, and documenting case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes;
- Represent VCA Indonesia on external working groups when relevant.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Has an advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Environmental Science, Policy analysis or related field, or similar experiences;
- A minimum of five years of similar work experience is required. Candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum guidance from supervisors;
- Expertise in program design, monitoring and evaluation, accountability and learning, including a good knowledge in Theory of Change processes as well as global and community level advocacy programs at an alliance program level;
- Experience with participatory (research or monitoring and evaluation) assessment methodologies, especially in using Outcome Harvesting for monitoring complex programing such as lobbying and advocacy as well as network;
- Has the ability to facilitate capacity building at different level for VCA program staff and partners;
- Experience with programs and partnerships funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in particular advocacy programs, is an advantage;
- Excellent oral and report writing in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Skills: Effective Communication; Facilitation and decision making; Critical thinking; Collaboration and partnership; Mentoring and Coaching.
For more detailed Term of Reference (ToR) and the Annex please click the following link: https://bit.ly/3im2rgh
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to: email@example.com with the email subject shall be: PMEL VCA_ (your name).
- A covering Letter (please also mention your daily consultancy rate).
- An updated CV with three references, including notes on your achievements.
- A writing sample of reports in English.
The deadline for submission is June 16th, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial, visit https://hsi.foundation/