Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial is an Indonesian organization affiliated with Hivos, born out of an active collaboration between Netherlands based Hivos and several like-minded Indonesian academics and civil society leaders who subscribe to the values and mission of Hivos. The purpose is to promote humanist values in the social, health, and cultural fields which is defined in terms of the ability for each individual to assess and decide independently and responsibly, the right to freedom, dignity and a passion to create a just and tolerant society.
Yayasan Humanis seeks qualified candidates for the position of Finance Officer.
Women’s Voice and Leadership (We Lead) is a 4-year project totaling CAD 4,199,939 initiated by Hivos Southeast Asia and Just Associates (JASS), and funded by the Global Affairs Canada (GAC), starting from 2019 until 2023. To implement the project, Yayasan Humanis and JASS collaborate with five (5) women’s rights organizations (5 WROs) with strong legitimacy among their constituencies and broader community: Rahima, Fahmina, Rumah KitaB, Perempuan Mahardhika, and FAMM Indonesia. The goal of the project is improved enjoyment of human rights by women and girls and the advancement of gender equality in Indonesia.
Women’s Voice and Leadership Project aims to promote improved enjoyment of human rights by women and girls and the advancement of gender equality in Indonesia. The program will empower women’s organizations to effectively engage with and challenge religious extremist groups and narratives that justify repressing women’s social, political and legal rights.
The Financial Officer position is part of the key project team member and is part of the primary process, hence is directly or vertically linked to the Project Manager (PM). The FO position is also linked to the activities of the Financial Manager/Controller, which focus on compliance regarding donor requirements in the primary process: results, budget and deployment of proposals and contract (implementation).
The Finance Officer independently performs specialist financial work. S/He evaluates, analyses and optimizes the existing financial registration processes and prepares the audited detailed and summary trial balances and coordinates the related work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Controlling and monitoring budget to ensure fund availability for the project.
- Checking and assessing budget proposals from partner in accordance with donor standards and procedures.
- Preparing Yayasan Humanis and partners’ forecast to request fund to donors to ensure the availability of budget.
- Assessing financial reports from partner organizations.
- Assessing partner financial reports to ensure the accuracy and correctness of budget charging, and also to ensure the consistency with project deliverables.
- Verifying all office equipment rented/procured to assess if these are in accordance with donor requirements.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Ensuring the availability of all financial information for the reports in Yayasan Humanis database.
- Liaising with all related parties in preparing the financial reports.
- Preparing financial reports by consolidating financial report of consortium members and partner organizations and Yayasan Humanis for checking and approval of Finance Controller.
- Ensuring the completeness of supporting financial documents as required by donors
- Filing financial documentation
- Establishing filing system to ensure the availability of required project financial documents.
- Ensuring all office equipment purchased by programs are registered, maintained and handed over as required by donors.
- Organizing external audit for partner organizations
- Scheduling external audits for partner organizations as required by donors.
- Coordinating with the appointed auditor and partner organizations to ensure the timeliness of audit report submissions to donors.
- Providing data to auditor.
- Assisting organization partner in financial management.
- Helping manage all start-up and close-out project activities.
- Providing advices on financial matters related to programs.
- Supporting Yayasan Humanis office accounting as required.
- Contributing to project update as well as project coordination meeting.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Relevant higher professional education level of working and thinking
- Relevant work experience: 3-5 years
- Expertise in Accounting
- Work experience in international environment
What we offer
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Finance Officer graded in Grade: 8-9 (from 1-14 Yayasan’s salary grade).
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than June 18th, 2021.
Please specify the position name you are applying for FO WVL in the ‘subject’ line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.