Request for Expression of Interest
Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial (hereinafter: Humanis), an affiliate organization of Hivos, is a Jakarta-based non-profit development organization that works across the Southeast Asia region. Humanis works with marginalized groups and frontrunners to exercise rights and freedoms, bring about changes, influence decisions and hold those in power to account. As the name itself suggests, Humanis envisions just and sustainable societies in Southeast Asia that fulfill and protect the rights of each individual, as well as respect differences and backgrounds. To achieve our vision, we focus on three impact areas: Gender Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (GEDI), Civic Rights in the Digital Age (CRIDA), and Climate Justice. Currently, we have ongoing programs in Indonesia, Timor-Leste, the Philippines, and Vietnam
Humanis seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
Title : Consultant Knowledge Management Specialist for FOCUS
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Report to : PM FOCUS
Duration : 12 (twelve) months for maximum 120 working days (8 hours/day),
The Fisherfolk Empowerment for Climate Resilience and Sustainability (FOCUS) program aims at building a sustainable food system for the fisherfolk community in five districts in Central Java (Batang, Kendal, Semarang, Demak, and Jepara) through integrated ocean management. This program is supported by The Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) and is the result of co-creation process between Hivos, Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial (Yayasan Hivos), Koalisi Rakyat untuk Keadilan Perikanan (KIARA), Pusat Kajian Sumberdaya Pesisir dan Lautan Institut Pertanian Bogor (PKSPL-IPB), and Wahana Lingkungan Hidup Indonesia (WALHI). The program period is four years from 15 December 2022 – 15 December 2026.
FOCUS will cooperate with local governments, community groups and other relevant stakeholders to raise awareness of nutritional issues, coastal management and climate resilience of coastal communities. Advocacy, awareness raising, and capacity development will be provided in cooperation with local authorities and other stakeholders to implement the activities.
The Knowledge Management Specialist will promote knowledge sharing throughout the FOCUS’ project implementation processes and systems by strengthening links between knowledge sharing and information systems and improving integration among information systems to facilitate the seamless exchange of information across those systems.
Scope of work
The consultant is expected to:
- Lead the design and implementation of the FOCUS Knowledge Management and Learning (KM&L) Strategy and system. This will be carried out in collaboration with MEL (Monitoring and Evaluation Learning) Officer, Project Manager, Project Officer, and GESI Specialist of FOCUS;
- To refine learning agenda from FOCUS’s implementation experience and highlighting best practices and reflections needed for Annual Meeting. This will be carried out in collaboration with MEL (Monitoring and Evaluation Learning) Officer, Project Manager, Project Officer, and GESI Specialist of FOCUS;
- Work with FOCUS consortium and other stakeholders to ensure and identify the structure, flow and type of data and knowledge products produced by each implementing organization;
- Conduct a training session for FOCUS consortium on establishing an effective knowledge management system;
- To identify, gather, and document all existing knowledge products within the FOCUS consortium. This process will encompass both documented materials and previously undocumented strategic insights;
- Analyze the need for shared data management that can be accommodated through a database platform based on a mapping of learning needs, to ensure that gaps in the knowledge base are being filled;
- Supervise and work with web developer in the formulation of database structure, data flow, and access rights according to the needs of web platforms and agreements between coalitions;
- Ensure data and knowledge products quality obtained from FOCUS consortium follows the structure/format/guidance that has been prepared and agreed upon, and the documentation is up-to-date and accurate;
- Identify strategic themes based on data analysis as material for thematic discussions within the consortium;
- Identify strategic themes based on data analysis that could be disseminated towards external stakeholders (campaign/communication purposes);
- Ensure accessibility and inclusivity of knowledge products for a broad audience, including people with disabilities, which will be carried out in collaboration with GESI Specialist FOCUS;
- Ensure adherence to ethical standards, security measures, and copyright regulations for all knowledge products;
- Monitors the effectiveness, maintenance, and use of IT tools and systems as they apply to KM and implements improvements
- Helps disseminate information about FOCUS’ KM&L program to internal and external audiences, including organizing knowledge-sharing events (e.g., knowledge fairs, site visits, interviews); maintaining communications on knowledge sharing across the FOCUS consortium; participating in orientation and training sessions; and preparing brochures/presentations
- Any other business as required
Qualifications and Experiences :
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in relevant works as described above
- In-depth understanding of knowledge management and learning principles, strategies, and best practices including proficiency in developing and implementing knowledge and learning management frameworks, strategies, and tools to capture, store, organize, and disseminate information effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner, as well as facilitate discussions and presentations
- Awareness of various knowledge management and learning platforms, tools, and software that support content management, collaboration, and e-learning
- Skill in analysing data and feedback to assess the effectiveness of learning initiatives and knowledge management strategies
- Ability and commit to work in professional manner, inclusive, and open to collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders to gather insights, share knowledge, and create a culture of learning
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects related to knowledge management and learning, including coordinating resources, timelines, and deliverables
- Flexibility and ability to work to tight deadlines and attention to details.
For more detailed Term of Reference (ToR) information, please click the following link:
We Welcome You to Apply
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from rightsholders and communities that have historically been excluded from access to employment, including candidates who are gender and sexual minority, from ethnic and/or religious minority communities, with a disability, impairment, learning difference, or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 07 December 2023 at 17:00 WIB with “FOCUS_Knowledge Management Specialist_Name of Consultant” as the subject of the email.
- Letter of Interest explaining their interests in the vacancy and their qualifications
- A brief work plan for the first quarter (3 months), including timeline
- Quotation/Budget Proposal
- Relevant portfolios
Applications without submission documents will be excluded from the selection process.
Opened position only for Indonesian nationality
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Humanis, visit https://hsi.foundation/