Under the theme “Integrated approaches for climate-resilient development”, Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial (affiliated with Hivos), WWF Indonesia, SouthSouthNorth, SPARC (affiliated with Shack Dwellers International), are jointly hosting a side-event during the upcoming Asia and Pacific Climate Week 2021.
The event will bring forth alliances of civil societies, grassroots organizations, and local community leaders working on cross-cutting themes about climate change. We will share stories on nature-based and locally shaped and led climate solutions from Asia, including Indonesia, Philippines, and India. It is expected to bring the world closer to the ground where solutions are being implemented and raising awareness on the critical role of local groups in inclusive policy development and a just climate transition.
Voices for Climate Action – The Transformative Power of Locally-Led Climate Action
DATE: Thursday, 8th July 2021
TIME: 15:00-17:00 (GMT+9 Tokyo Time) / 13.00-15.00 WIB (GMT+7 Jakarta Time)
SIDE EVENT: Block 5
The session aims to inspire creation of partnerships with a wide range of stakeholder using a bottom-up approach on which climate solutions are led from the bottom by strong local civil society with an inclusive and right-based attitude. Building partnership with local communities is crucial to facilitate mutual learning and collaboration, and amplifying voices in new, unusual ways to create widespread societal support for locally shaped climate solutions.
- Arti Indallah Tjakranegara, Voices of Climate Action Indonesia Engagement Manager, Yayasan Hivos
- Dr. Wika Rumbiak, Papua Program Manager, WWF Indonesia
- Jusupta Tarigan – Indonesia Director of Non-Timber Forest Products – Exchange Programme
- Zamhur – Group Leader of Sagu Tohor Lestari Abadi, Sungai Tohor, Tebing Tinggi TImur, Kepulauan Meranti, Riau, Indonesia
- Pastor RD Hendrikus Hada, Director of Alfons Suwada Foundation, Diocese Agats, Asmat District, Papua, Indonesia
- Robi Digan and Novilla Aru – Customary-land owner and Chief of female indigenous group of Sawesuma village, Jayapura District, Papua, Indonesia
- Regina Bay – Representative of Isyo Ki, a female group in Isyo Hills, Jayapura, Papua, Indonesia
- Emilia Hona Atahau – Head of infrastructure working group of Lukuwingir Village, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
- Ofelia Bagatatlo – President of Homeless People’s Federation of the Philippines
- Sheela Patel – Director of SPARC
- Smruti Jukur – SPARC programme
Moderator: Valerina Daniel – Journalist and Environment Ambassador in Indonesia
This event is open for public, but link will only be shared to registered participants. For registration, please visit: https://bit.ly/VoicesforClimateAction
A registration confirmation will be sent to the email you registered with, and the event platform will be accessible on 8th July 2021 via a dedicated link that you received in the confirmation page.
Please see guidance on registration here.
Organized jointly by Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial (affiliated with Hivos), WWF Indonesia, SouthSouthNorth, SPARC (affiliated with Shack Dwellers International) as members of Voices for Climate Action Alliance.